Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Indian Chicken Salad Pockets

This recipe comes from The Biggest Loser Cookbook.

 I used 3/4 cup cucumber and a small amount of chicken since I am trying to reduce the amount of meat and increase my veggies and I used spinach instead of lettuce. I also used a tortilla since I had them on hand instead of a pita.

1/2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lime juice, preferably fresh squeezed
1/2 teaspoon curry paste (I used 1tsp green paste and I think the red paste tastes bitter.)
3/4 cup (4 oz) chopped grilled chicken breast
11/2 tablespoons seeded chopped cucumber
11/2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1 whole-wheat pita (61/2" diameter), but in half
2 leaves green leaf lettuce

Makes 2 servings.
Per serving: 186 calories, 20g protein, 16g carbohydrates, 5g fat (1g saturated), 48mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 304mg sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment